Raising Hale

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Raising Hale

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Based on what I have read, Winfield's Hale has pinned everybody he has faced thus far this season. This includes returning runner up in Sissonville's Cook.

He seems to be bouncing back and forth between 182 and 195. Before the season started, I predicted these two weight classes could be tough. I didn't know about him.

Corrective feedback is wanted.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Eersfan

Re: Raising Hale

Postby Eersfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm a Winfield parent and have had the pleasure of watching Alex wrestle from day one. He has put in tons of work and it's paying off. I do believe you are correct in your assesment of his matches this year. He should go far in this years state tournament. The entire Winfield team is looking really good this year.

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:22 pm

I have been to Point and Buffalo the last couple of weeks. Winfield does look good. All of their returners look like they have improved. Speaks volumes about their coaching staff.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:28 pm

sfc1 wrote:I have been to Point and Buffalo the last couple of weeks. Winfield does look good. All of their returners look like they have improved. Speaks volumes about their coaching staff.

Winfield had 4 state tournament qualifiers due back this season. All four are back and in the starting line up. Hale wasn't one of them either.

Not all high schools in WV can make that claim unfortunately. We got too many kids not back on the mat for various reasons.

Eersfan

Postby Eersfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:29 pm

sfc1 wrote:I have been to Point and Buffalo the last couple of weeks. Winfield does look good. All of their returners look like they have improved. Speaks volumes about their coaching staff.

I could not agree more!!! They've done a great job.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:37 pm

What kind of pee wee and middle school programs does Winfield have feeding them?

Eersfan

Postby Eersfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Bearhugger wrote:What kind of pee wee and middle school programs does Winfield have feeding them?

I know some of our kids came up through the Hurricane pee wee program. Mostly it's just kids starting in middle school (Winfield middle) and putting in time in the off season at Competitive Edge, Mahindra, Buffalo, or just about any gym that will take them. As much mat time and weight room time as possible. That and going to several camps.

Sally

Postby Sally » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Congratulations that is impressive to pin everyone up to this point in the season. I think it is neat to see kids who were fairly successful as underclassmen. Then as they continue to work and continue to compete they find their hard work paid off. This is a good example of hard work and facing adversity paying off.

Pintowin123

Postby Pintowin123 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Rumor has it Hale taking 5th in his region last year and not qualifying for states set him on fire. I heard he lived in the weight room, camps, and the mat all year.

UpSouth

Postby UpSouth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:29 pm

It does'nt hurt having a Hall of Fame Wrestler/Coach on the staff at Winfield this year. Just Saying.

WHSMOM

Postby WHSMOM » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:58 pm

This is Susan hall and I am the statition for whs this year. And You are correct hale has pinned every opponent this year thus far. He is a great kid who set his goals and has worked his but off all year. And yes Winfield is lucky to have Alex and a great coaching staff this year! As for a feeder program we have a few kids wrestle in the peewees but most started thier careers at wms which also got a great coaching staff as of last year. I think people will be surprised by Winfield in the coming year!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Pintowin123 wrote:Rumor has it Hale taking 5th in his region last year and not qualifying for states set him on fire. I heard he lived in the weight room, camps, and the mat all year.

I figure after AAA region 4 is concluded, and we have numerous ranked wrestlers not qualifying, and then they see the lesser wrestlers from other regions qualifying for the state tournament, there will be many kids on fire. I am talking INFERNO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:11 pm

In this case Alex has created his own destiny with all the hard work, determination, and a supporting father that would do anything it took to help his son. Best of luck Alex! Win or lose fine young man

Return to “High School Wrestling”