WSAZ and weather

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
uknowme

Re: WSAZ and weather

Postby uknowme » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Jesse corbin wrote:anyone know if brackets will be posted? Everyone's worried bout the snow but every good tournanment we've been too snow has never been an issue

Brackets are not created until after all weigh ins are finished and scratch meeting has been completed. You have the top seeds and then everyone else gets randomly spit out into the brackets. I know most of the time, wrestling has already started before brackets are posted or given to coaches.

abadahmichael

Postby abadahmichael » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:36 pm

pin2win wrote:It is my understanding that all Kanawha County has to get permission by there individual schools principal if school is canceled on Friday.

It looks as though Kanawah Co school are closed tomorrow. Will the schools still be participating?

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm

I hope that it doesn't get that bad, trooper. But you answered your own question. Yes you would be ticketed if traveling during a state of emergency. That being said, most teams travel to WSAZ on Thursday. All teams should arrive before the snow starts. Every time we travelled to WSAZ's there was snow or a storm or nor'easter. The state and city road crews are to my memory very good in that area. We were also fortunate to have rooms next to civic center on each trip.
Whatever you choose, please travel safely if you do.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

coastietrooper

Postby coastietrooper » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:57 pm

rodneyjwv wrote:I hope that it doesn't get that bad, trooper. But you answered your own question. Yes you would be ticketed if traveling during a state of emergency. That being said, most teams travel to WSAZ on Thursday. All teams should arrive before the snow starts. Every time we travelled to WSAZ's there was snow or a storm or nor'easter. The state and city road crews are to my memory very good in that area. We were also fortunate to have rooms next to civic center on each trip.
Whatever you choose, please travel safely if you do.

LOL... No, I said I'd be ticked, as in ticked off, if we came down and the WSAZ were made to close down if a state of emergency required such. But yes you are correct, you could be ticketed for traveling during a state of emergency. The team is leaving this evening and I'm leaving first thing in the morning. If the weather channel is correct, it's not supposed to get bad in the Huntington area until around 11am. Safe travels to all.

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”