2023 Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
BearcatWrestling

2023 Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall

Postby BearcatWrestling » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:34 pm

We are excited to announce that the 2023 Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall will now be a 32 man double elimination bracketed tournament. This tournament takes place at Tennessee High School in Bristol, TN. We already have a great lineup of teams committed to next year's tournament and are looking to add a few more. I have personally ran the Ed Cressel Classic at Virginia High School for the past 10 years and we are looking to grow the Brawl in the Hall into a premiere tournament.  Tim Marshall and I will be running the tournament using track wrestling and we have a top notch facility that will feature 8 mats and seating for several thousand spectators and wrestlers. Friday and Saturday will feature our high school tournament while Sunday features the Bristol Brawl which is one of the biggest and best youth tournaments around.  If you are interested in entering your team into our high school tournament please contact Tim Marshall or myself at the contact info below.  And as a quick reminder I will no longer be running the Ed Cressel Classic at Virginia High.  If you have questions about that tournament please contact Brad Harper (Virginia High AD) or Dakota Nealy (new head wrestling coach).

Josh Shuler
shulerj@btcs.org

Tim Marshall
timmarshall7@gmail.com

Bearhugger

Re: 2023 Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:02 pm

BearcatWrestling wrote:We are excited to announce that the 2023 Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall will now be a 32 man double elimination bracketed tournament. This tournament takes place at Tennessee High School in Bristol, TN. We already have a great lineup of teams committed to next year's tournament and are looking to add a few more. I have personally ran the Ed Cressel Classic at Virginia High School for the past 10 years and we are looking to grow the Brawl in the Hall into a premiere tournament.  Tim Marshall and I will be running the tournament using track wrestling and we have a top notch facility that will feature 8 mats and seating for several thousand spectators and wrestlers. Friday and Saturday will feature our high school tournament while Sunday features the Bristol Brawl which is one of the biggest and best youth tournaments around.  If you are interested in entering your team into our high school tournament please contact Tim Marshall or myself at the contact info below.  And as a quick reminder I will no longer be running the Ed Cressel Classic at Virginia High.  If you have questions about that tournament please contact Brad Harper (Virginia High AD) or Dakota Nealy (new head wrestling coach).

Josh Shuler
shulerj@btcs.org

Tim Marshall
timmarshall7@gmail.com

Coach, how many man brackets has this tournament been in recent seasons? Did you go from 16 to 32?

Thanks
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

BearcatWrestling

Re: 2023 Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall

Postby BearcatWrestling » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:19 pm

In recent years the Brawl in the Hall was done as a pool tournament rather than a double elimination bracket. We have had as many as 22-24 teams when doing the pool style tournament. Moving forward we will be running the tournament as a 32 man bracketed double elimination tournament. Due to forfeits we can probably accept around 35 teams or so. And we always have the ability to make a weight class a 64 man bracket if necessary. I've ran this style tournament at Virginia High (Ed Cressel Classic) for years now and built that into a top notch tournament for the area. We are looking to do the same thing at Tennessee High and with the size of floor space and seating we have we can make this tournament even bigger and better. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Josh Shuler
Tennessee High Wrestling
shulerj@btcs.org

Return to “High School Wrestling”