JV ALERT - Beckley Newspaper Invitational

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

JV ALERT - Beckley Newspaper Invitational

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:01 am

I want to give a shout out to the entire Independence B team that competed in the Beckley Newspaper Invitational.

While the A team (armed with four B teamers) were winning the Bob Zide Rumble, the B team (down four members) won the BNI tournament.

I noticed that the scores for both the Brooke Classic and the Williamstown Bob Zide were posted quickly after the tournaments on Saturday. No posting of scores for the BNI.

I looked up and saw where the BNI's scores for 2016 was posted same day LAST season.

Upon learning this morning of who won the 2017 BNI, I see why there has been no hurry to post the scores.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

vortexfan

Re: JV ALERT - Beckley Newspaper Invitational

Postby vortexfan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:09 am

Amazing what can happen when u let the JVs or B team members wrestle and compete. Congrats to Indy teams!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 am

vortexfan wrote:Amazing what can happen when u let the JVs or B team members wrestle and compete. Congrats to Indy teams!

I think the "wrestling society" has referred to the term "B teamer" as some terrible wrestler that you should never lose to. I have never heard of a B teamer as described as a very good wrestler that is just trapped behind two great wrestlers. The stigma is that the B team are a bunch of scrubs.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanks to Coach Shrewsberry for sending in results today.

Seems they had a computer crash mid way through tournament and had to finish with pencil and paper.

That does add to the time it takes to get results compiled.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

aaacoach6

Postby aaacoach6 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:53 am

Very sorry it took an extra day to compile the scores Bearhugger. The next time our computer crashes I will be sure to compile the scores by hand from the several hundred bout sheets so that you can be the first to get the news as my first priority after the completion of the tournament. I made the assumption that checking on injured wrestlers, moving the wrestling mats back to the practice facility in a snowstorm, cleaning the gymnasium, cleaning the coaches room, cleaning the dressing rooms and bathrooms, cleaning the concession stand, and cleaning the home ec room so that the school can utilize these facilities on Monday took precedence.
Coach Shrewsberry

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:41 am

It takes at least a week to recoop LOL.

Return to “High School Wrestling”